Splash pads are water playgrounds where different water features provide an architectural presentation of water in a safe waterplay environment. Splash Pads provide interactive and educational water play for children, ages up to 12 years.
Splash pad features can be Aquajets which present a variety of spray designs from the surface; low, medium and high level water features such as
Constant Depth Pools
Constant Depth Pool is generally no deeper than 12 inches (30 cm) and this depth is constant throughout the splash park. Standing water like a wading pool offers the advantage of:
1. Allowing the parents and kids to lounge in the water
2. Slowing down the kids as they cannot run as fast in the standing water and
3. Provides more play value where the kids can kick up a splash or lift a handful of water into the air, or splash in the water
The Constant Depth Pools often will have enough water volume that a separate water reservoir is not needed as the pool becomes the reservoir. The water is filtered and chlorinated the same as a regular pool, although the filtration requirement is more stringent due to dirt being tracked in and more contaminants in a smaller body of water.
Great Plug n Play water feature options for Constant Depth Pools:
Beach Entry Pools
Beach Entry Pools start out as sloped Splash Pads and becomes a Constant Depth Pool. Starting at Zero Depth, the pool surface slopes at a 1:12 slope into the water until a depth of 12 inches (30 cm). The beach entry section of the pool creates a natural separation from the older children in the deeper water.
The older children will tend to migrate to the deeper water with the higher water features and the Aquadek water play structures with slides. Parents and children can play together spending quality time together.
- The Zero Depth Splash Pad portion is well suited for Aquajets along the periphery allowing water to shoot up from the surface vertically, on an angle or in different patterns such as a fan, crown or fountain.
- As the pool surface slopes it creates a very shallow area of water which can employ certain low-level spray features and tot slides suitable for the preschool children. Different spray nozzles and jets on the low-level water play features will invite the children to interact with each other in aquatic play where they learn to share, interact and learn.
- The Constant Depth Pool at 12 inch (30 cm) depth can now include Aquatoys which are interactive water toys that contain their own pumps and draw from the pool water without the need for a water feed. Mid level and high level water features create a Spray Park of mesmerizing water events, some features being static forms with different nozzles and water effects while others are Aquanetics with interactive handwheels or push buttons.